4/17/09

We've had a hard time

I'm not sure where to begin,  this has been the hardest and longest week of my life.  Last Friday, April 10th I went to my 37 week appointment and found out that my baby was breech I had a few options first try to turn her, wait and see if she turned on her own, or just schedule a c-section.  The only problem was that I had already been in labor for four days and was dilated all of this made things a little more tricky.  My contractions were coming to fast to just send me home and wait so we decided to try and turn her.  If any of you have had this done you feel my pain rather then call it a "version" they should just tell you that it is worst possible pain and  feels like your in some sort of torture chamber.   Well the turning didn't work and they were hoping that the drug they gave me would slow my contractions down so we could wait to take the baby later.  Unfortunately they didn't stop and got even closer so the next thing I knew we were on our way to the operating room.  

Isabelle Ann was delivered at 8:30 on Friday night she weighted 6 lbs 8 oz and is 19 inches long.  She was still to early and her lungs weren't quite developed so she spent 5 days in the NICU and since I had a c-section I was able to stay with her for 4 of those days.  As you can imagine this week has been an emotional roller coaster I went from a 37 week mom going to have a drug free delivery to a baby in NICU.  I've shed a lot of tears and said a lot prayers.  Funny how an experience like this makes you really appreciate the small things that I'd taken for granted before  like breathing, eating, and just being able to be in the same room as your baby.  After a week little Isabelle is doing really good she is eating and gaining weight.  We are hoping that she will only be on oxygen for one more week.  I am so grateful to have her here and can't even begin to express my thanks to our family who have helped us through this trial.  I know that the Lord does hear our prayers and gives us strength when we think we have none left.  We are going to make the long trip home tomorrow and I will post pictures then.    

11 comments:

Katie said...

I'm so glad you get to bring her home! I hope things continue to get better. I can't wait to see pictures of the sweet little angel!

Meggie said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you've had a hard time. I've been wondering where Savannah was, and it didn't even cross my mind that you'd had your baby. I hope that things continue to get better. Let me know if I can do anything for you.

Colby Alexander said...

WHAT??! I had know idea!!! I'm just glad everything is alright and you can come home!
I can't wait to see pictures!
I love you and your family!

Lisa said...

I wish I was closer and could have come to help you. It kills me that I still haven't seen that little baby yet. Post pictures soon!

Crystalyn said...

There are a lot of people here in Woodruff that have a lot of love for you, Andrea. The sun is shining today and we have all loved being outside. It makes me forget all about winter. You know you can ask me for anything. You can also ask half of the females in Woodruff too. They all are holding their breath until they see you and you tell them to "breath", that you and the baby are ok.

Anonymous said...

we are thinking of you and your family! your in our hearts and prayers and we wish you all the best!

Lynne Leifson said...

Amen to Crystalyn's comment.
We all love you and hope you will let us help when you get home!!

Maydi said...

We are sure glad to have you back and are so grateful you're little Isabelle is doing better.

Anelisa said...

I am such a horrible neighbor. I had no idea all of this was going on with you. (Of course I have done nothing but beat a path from my house to my mothers---she had her knee replaced on April 3.) You and Isabelle are in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Andrea, I can totally sympathize, the exact same thing happened to me with Kate. You and your family are in my prayers! My advice to you would be to make sure you keep taking your pain medication as directed. Don't try to be tough and just take ibuprofin like I did, they prescribe you the good stuff for a reason! Don't overdo even if you feel good and most importantly take any and all help that is offered to you! I know I don't "know" you too well, but please let me know if I can help in any way. I'm home a lot and would be happy to help with your older children, meals, whatever.

Merri Frandsen

Stephanie said...

Wow! I had no idea. I am so glad to hear that she is doing better. I am sorry the delivery didn't turn out as you had expected. C-sections aren't the easieast way to recover, especially when you have other young kids at home, but atleast things turned out okay. I am thinking about you and you and your family!