4/6/09

April 15th!!

Can April 15th really be just around the corner??? Each tax season begins with mixed emotions on my part. I hate to admit it but I do actually like to work I get a certain sense of accomplishment to see a few paychecks with my name on them, however I typically let it consume me, if there is a tax return waiting to be done on my computer I drop everything to get it done. This year with a six year old, four year old, two year old, and being 8 months pregnant I knew that I could not go about tax season the way I used to. So work waited until 1:00 everyday; kaitlen took a nap and Savannah I went to work I set her up a little desk next to mine and she "worked" ie: art time. Work ended at 3:00 when Kaitlen woke up and I wouldn't work again until 8:00 when the kiddos were in bed. Despite the basketball that I have in my stomach it really has been my best tax season in 10 years! I loved having Savannah sitting next to me working on her projects and I must say she has gotten very good at drawing pictures. While I will much miss my tax season money and sense of accomplishment I am very very very happy that I won't be sitting at my computer for hours each day this babe gets more uncomfortable by the minute...... So until next year no more taxes.... except for any extensions that were filed..... :)

5 comments:

Colby Alexander said...

I'm getting so excited for you! There is nothing like a newborn baby in the home!! Good Luck, miss you!

Katie said...

Can't wait to hear about the new baby! Good luck! And congrats on a successful tax season!

Stephanie said...

Wow! You sound like a pro! Hope the last stretch of your pregnancy goes by fast for you. Can't wait to hear about the new baby!

Anonymous said...

you should post some photos of her art work! good luck with baby and we can;t wait to see photos upon arrival!

Unknown said...

Much more fun with a little sidekick to help you do taxes! I am glad that April 15th is here. I am here @ home in my robe instead of at the office this morning.
Shane is happy to turn in his Mr. Mom title for awhile.

Can't wait to see pics of the new little one. CONGRATS!