4/22/08

Banana Bread


I am always tring different receipes in the attempt to find the perfect one. Banana bread is one that I just can find one I love, I made one a few years ago and it was perfect but I can't find that receipe again. Well the one I tried today is awesome! It is really different though nothing like your typical receipe. So I thought I would share it all with you and maybe you can try it out. I got it off of Good things Utah and it is from the Southern Living Magazine. Sorry it is kind of long, but enjoy! (I didn't have pecans and it was still so good, I can only imagine they would make it that much better)

Ingredients: ¾ cup butter, softened1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened2 cups sugar2 large eggs3 cups all-purpose flour½ t. each baking powder, baking soda and salt1 ½ cups mashed bananas1 cup chopped pecans, toasted½ t. vanilla extract

Topping: ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar½ chopped, toasted pecans1 T. all-purpose flour1 T. melted butter1/8 t. ground cinnamon

Preparation: Beat Butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until just blended after each addition.Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended. Stir in bananas, pecans and vanilla. Pour into 2 greased and floured 8x4 inch loafpans; sprinkle with combined topping.

Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and sides pull away from the pan, shielding with aluminum foil last 15 minutes to prevent browning, if necessary. Cool bread in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool 30 minutes on wire racks before slicing.

5 comments:

Rex.Moldy Blog said...

YUM! Can't wait to try it! I always love a new recipe!

Anonymous said...

cassie and i were trying to find a great banana bread recipe to make with the girls. you needed to post this a couple weeks ago!
i will have to try it with my girls, they love baking, especially camille. ill let you know what they think, kids give very honest opinions but according to their own taste buds!

Crystalyn said...

I too like making banana bread. I'm going to try it out and maybe bring it to playgroup now that I'll be around. YES, the house is Salt Lake it DONE.

Cassie Stewart said...

Oh my goodness, I am soooo glad you posted this and I am going to try it. I do a different banana bread with the girls every time it seems and just want to find one that we love and stick to it! Thanks for sharing :)

Unknown said...

Yum.
Anything with pecans is up my alley. I'll have to try it.

I have a really good recipe that has sour cream. Super moist.