5/10/12

The years fly by

I love this picture of Savannah, she was only 3 years old and in 2 short months she will be 8.  It makes me sad to think of my kids growing up, I will miss them but at the same time I look forward to seeing the people they will become.  Being a mom is an interesting job; it has its ups and downs, in fact Isabelle is having a melt down right now.  There are days (almost everyday) I just need a break, an hour or two to regain my perspective on why it is I choose to be a stay at home mom, and that these little spirits were sent to me to teach and inspire. 

I am so grateful that I get to spend everyday at home with these little people; I hope and pray everyday that I will do a good job and teach them all that they need to learn and understand.  I feel like I fall short most days but one of my new favorite quotes is by President Monson; "Life by the yard is hard, but life by the inch is a cinch" We just have to remind ourselves to take it one day at a time and continually strive to be a little better each day.    

1 comment:

Katie said...

That's my new favorite quote too! The day after I heard it, I printed it out and tried to put it where I would see it several times a day. Thanks for this post. You are an amazing woman/mom!