5/16/12

Got Meat?

I've been out of town the last 4 days visiting family for Mothers day, we had a great weekend and got a lot done.  This morning I went to get some Eggos out of the deep freeze only to find that they were quite soft, upon further inspection I discovered that the freezer was left unplugged (by me, accidentally) for days maybe even a week!  Those who know my husband know he is a hunter thus a freezer full of Elk, Deer, a little beef and pork...... I quickly called Anthony at work to tell him the bad news half way expecting him to get mad at me for forgetting to plug the freezer back in but in true Anthony form he simply said, "its ok, just wait until I get home form work and I will help you clean it up." Me, "but you should see all the meat we are going to have to throw away! I can't believe it!" Anthony, "well that's just life, don't worry about it"  That was that, he and I just got done cleaning up 6 inches of blood in the bottom of our deep freeze and bags of rotten meat.  No blame was made and no angry words said.  When I grow up I want to be just like my husband.