9/28/10

First Race

My brother, his wife, and kids have been racing mt. bikes for several years and are actually very good at it. I have always wanted to try it out so Samuel and I had our first races up at Solider Hollow this summer. Samuel did Awesome and loved it! It is so funny to watch the kids out on a little single track coarse. They did so good.
My race was a biathlon. Ride one loop and then take 5 shots at a target. I crashed pretty hard on my practise loop at a technical part of the trail. (I latter found out that I had fractured my ribs.) Anyway I continued the race and finished.......not very fast but I did finish. It was actually really fun and super hard. I definitely need more practise on single track before I try racing it.:) As for now I will stick to the road.

No comments: