3/18/09

Hibernation

Up here in the Northern part of the state I have found that we hibernate for the long winter months. We see each other at church each Sunday and occasionally at a basketball game but for the most part we stay in our houses to keep warm, take care of sick kids, and.........well I haven't exactly figured out what else it is we do all winter? This weeks warm weather has finally melted the snow, brought the birds in from the south and chased away the bitter chill of the north. The streets and yards are once again filled with children's laughter, bike races, sidewalk chalk, and most importantly mothers on their front lawns visiting with friends picking up where they left off the previous Fall. It always amazing me how much the Spring weather and day light savings lift my spirits it seems to give me new life. I find myself cooking, cleaning and even changing diapers with a smile. I try to tell myself that I wouldn't enjoy the spring nearly as much if I hadn't gone through the long and dreary winter months, but to my friends who live in warm sunny places do you appreciate your weather all the time?? or does it just become something you are used to?? As for us up in the North we are happy as can be to be coming out of our long winter Hibernation!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

extreme weather is over-rated. cali temps are just right and that is our #3 reason for staying out here. (yes, we have a list). pretty sure i don't get so used to lovely weather that i can't appreciate it.

when are you coming to visit? go ahead and have your baby and then come out. your kids are long past due a trip to the beach.

Lisa said...

The sun always seems to shine in our city and sometimes I find myself hoping for rain. Glad you are able to enjoy the beautiful weather. I hope it sticks around awhile.