8/28/08

Kindergarten Blues

Today was Samuel's first day of ALL DAY kindergarten! :( It was pretty tough, I've been dreading this all summer, He was super excited and ready to go but the thought of sending him off into the world made me a little sad. His school starts at 8:00 and gets out at 3:21, four days a week. Since we live a distance from the school he gets on the bus at 7:40 and gets home at 3:45. It is weird to just be home with the two girls and surprisingly so much easier to just have 2 kids at home. I think it will be so good for Savannah to be the big sister and the one in charge.... although she does miss her "samole" I will be anxiously waiting at the bus today for him to get home!

8 comments:

Katie said...

He is so handsome! I feel your pain. It seems like such a long day. I'm glad that someone else feels like I do.

Jennifer said...

a friend of mine once told me:
Heaven is being with one less child for awhile.

he is a handsome boy and a clever one. he will do well in school. i'm envious that you have a bus... i have to drive E to and from... its a hassle with my Neva and her naps.

Unknown said...

Your kids are growing so fast!
Darling kiddos.
All day kindergarten...that is a long day.

Jessi said...

How did Samuel do with that many kids. We are currently now up to 33 and they won't split it until 40. It is such a long day for them, but I wish she had 26 in her class.

Rex.Moldy Blog said...

Samuel is getting so big! And he's such a handsome guy! I wish I could tell you it gets easier to send them off each year, but it doesn't! Hallie is loving kindergarten too! So fun!

Crystalyn said...

Let me paint a better picture for all of Andrea's family and friends. I too remember that day with Cameron. For those friends of Andrea, Cameron is friends with Samuel and lives three doors down. I was standing at the bus stop with two other sets of parents sending their new kindergartener to school too. As we were taking pictures on filming movies of our child's first day of school Andrea and Samuel go driving by in their van off to school. It must of been to hard to send him on the bus on the very first day, right? Since then Andrea has been able to let go at the front door as Samuel picks up his other friend Kennedy and then run down to pick up Cameron. Then all three run as fast as they can to the bus stop. They really have a good time together.

Jill said...

How fun for Samuel! I am enjoying Derek in school all day too. I have to agree with you, two kids at home is alot easier. I can't believe Derek has already told me, "Mom, if I had my own phone I could just call you when my belly hurts." Do first graders have phones where you're at? Crazy!

Lisa said...

What a handsome kid. I'm sure you miss the little guy. Is anthony going to start bringing him home?