5/14/08

spring cleaning

Spring comes very late to Woodruff, so I usually don't do my spring cleaning until the end of may, I usually plan it for the last week of school so Anthony can help......he really is a good sport about it, he helps wash windows, wipe down base boards, wash walls. Do you see why I wait until he can help. I've never lived in one place for so long so i am feeling very cluttered and the need to move so I can get rid of a lot junk and deep clean. The pile that I need to take to the DI is really getting high. Am I the only one who feels the need to de clutter, and deep clean but hate every minute of doing it??? Maybe if I could have a break from being mom, laundry maid, and cook then I could focus all my attention to getting the cleaning done? Does anyone else spring clean?? What do you do?

4 comments:

Colby Alexander said...

YES, I think we must get it from grandma Dawna, Cause I deep deep clean once a month go through all my kids toys and clothes and get rid of everything that is broken to small or just tried of picking up! But I have to say I hired merry maids this year to do my windows and base boards All I can say is what a dream! It was all done in a matter of hours. when It would take me days. Good luck, I know how you feel!

Katie said...

Hey Ang, I too am a spring cleaner, but a lot of times I'm more of a fall spring cleaner. I try to just take it one room at a time, and I clean my windows the Saturday of Conference. You may want to check out flylady.net if you never have before. She's got a lot of great de-clutter ideas. Good luck...even if you hate it, it feels so good when you're done!

Lisa said...

Moving frequently helps on getting ride of things you don't use or need. Skip making dinner for a night or two and just do something east while you are cleaning so you don't have to loose your cleaning momentum. Have Anthony take the kids out for the day while you clean. That might be more helpful than having him there with all 3 kids. That way you can turn up some tunes and have a day to yourself. Actually it sounds kind of fun!

Jennifer said...

Hire a maid. Catie is smart. I need to do it too. I am barely staying afloat with every day things.