11/12/12

Fall

We were able to go pick grapes as a family so I could make the grape juice that we all love so much.  It was a gorgeous fall day and the kids loved picking.  It reminded me of my childhood harvesting the fall crops and made me miss that part of my life.
 We went on one last trip to the cabin in Fairview with my dad, it was a little chilly but fun to take the kids out for one last 4 wheeler ride.  These kids love spending time with their grandpa, he is always so much fun and up for just about anything as long as it involves these little ones. 


Samuel played tackle football this year, which I wasn't that thrilled about, as a worried parent I wasn't to keen on the idea of suiting my baby boy up to be knocked around on the football Field.  But Samuel isn't my baby anymore and certainly can handle it.  He score their first touchdown, caught a pass and ran it in 40 yards.  His team acted as if he had won the state title for them, it was priceless 


















Labor day weekend was so great this year! All my siblings were in town and we took the kids to all the Onion day festivities.  They loved riding in this monster truck, watching fireworks, riding the carnival rides, watching the parade and getting to spend 4 days with all their cousins.  I loved sharing a piece of my childhood with them and loved watching them enjoy it as much as I did when I was their age.


 Anthony broke out the little tin boat we have an took it up to a local reservoir near our house after school a few times this fall, it was so great.  I loved to soak up the last remaining warm days that we had and the kids loved fishing with their dad.  Don't worry dad all 7 of us didn't pile in that thing, we went on different trips,  Kelsie would never make it on one of those fishing trips, she certainly would have jumped ship! 


No comments: