11/1/09

2 new loves

I have found 2 new loves:

First is this cookbook. I have always liked to cook when I was in jr. high I used to try all sorts of different recipes (rubber cookies were a fav. I made up a fat free cookie), I was even the sterling scholar in Home Ec. and worked my way up to Advanced food in high school; however after almost 10 years of marriage and 4 kids I had lost my enjoyment of cooking. Between the moaning about cheese, green things, and spicy things it sort of lost it lustre. I am fortunate enough to have a husband who is willing to eat pretty much anything I make which makes trying new things a lot easier. Well my friend go me a copy of this cookbook and I love it!! I am trying all sorts of new things and making the BEST breads ever!! Dinner planning has become much more enjoyable and I highly recommend getting yourself a copy.
Secondly I hate to admit it I have become a "Savy Shopper" I used to make fun of these ladies, you know the ones with a hundred coupons and a binder at the grocery store....... yugh! Don't get behind them in the check out line well I'm now that lady. I used to dread going to the grocery store; I absolutely hated spending money on food, weird I know. The larger my family has gotten the larger my grocery bill has gotten especially with 2 in diapers, I needed to find a way to cut my grocery bill. Long story short I'm a "savy shopper" I now love going to the store and the finding sweet deals on food. This week was like Christmas for me at Smiths. Here is a list of a few good deals I got.
Playtex rubber gloves (they paid me .50 a pair)
Uncle Bens Rice (Free)
Bumble Bee Albacore tuna (they paid me .06 per pouch)
Halls cough drops (.15)
Dannon 6 pack yogurt (.49)
Danimals 6 pack drinks (.49)
All Laundry soap (1.99)
Snuggle fabric softener (1.99)
Carnations evaporated milk (.24)
Hormel Chili (.12)
Grasshopper cookies (.49)
Tylenol 24 count (.50)
These are just a few of my sweat deals this week. My total savings at smiths with coupons was 256.00, I spent 109.00 this is kind of high because I was able to buy tons of items for my food storage.
So as a stay at home mother of 4 these have become sort of my hobbies...:)

4 comments:

Katie said...

I started the couponing thing, too! I feel a bit overwhelmed by it, but I love the deal weeks...they keep me going.

Stephanie said...

I do really good with this for a while then I stop. I really need to get back on it. It is sooo exciting to go to the store and look at your receipt and see that you sved more than you spent! I LOVE finding good deals!

Jennifer said...

teach me. those are amazing prices! i spend WAYYYY too much

Crystalyn said...

I have done all her receipts now, twice. Which are always good, but I'm looking for another cook book that is similar in style or taste. You know where they are family friendly and Evanston will have the ingredient. Do you have another one that you like too?